The general requirements for entry to Level 100 of the Bachelor of Fine Arts Degree programmes are as follows:
1. West African Examinations Council (WAEC) Examinations Category and its equivalents:
- Senior Secondary School Certificate Examination (SSSCE) Grade D or better in three (3) core subjects (English Language, Mathematics, Integrated Science or Social Studies) and three (3) elective subjects.
- West African Senior School Certificate Examination (WASSCE) Grade C6 or better in three (3) core subjects (English Language, Mathematics, Integrated Science or Social Studies) and three (3) elective subjects.
- General Certificate of Education (GCE) Advanced Level
Passes in three (3) subjects (at least, one of the passes should be Grade D or better). Also, the applicant must have had credit passes (Grade 6) in five GCE Ordinary Level subjects including English Language, Mathematics and a Science subject (for non-science students) and an Arts subject for Science students.
Other Examination Categories
- Advanced Business Certificate Examination (ABCE)
- Higher National Diploma (HND) Qualifications
HND holders must have graduated with a good HND certificate (i.e. at least 2nd Class Lower Division).
- Diploma Holders
Diploma holders with FGPA of 3.0 or better from an institution whose diploma programme has been accredited by the National Accreditation Board (NAB) or from a foreign institution that is recognized by NAB may be considered for admission.
Note: All Applicants must request the West African Examination Council to confirm all their Examination results directly to the Institute.
- Mature Candidates
Applicants who could not obtain secondary education earlier in their lives may be considered for admission provided they:
- are 25 years old;
- show proof of age with birth certificate or any legitimate documentary proof of birth date which is at least 5 years old at the time of application
- submit an introductory letter from employer or show any other proof of employment
- Pass the Mature Students’ Entrance Examination in English Language, Mathematics and Aptitude Test.
- Foreign Students
The International reputation of NAFTI draws students to pursue BFA programmes at the Institute.